Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Charming Obsession



Because of my seeming allergy to any type of jewelry, I haven't been interested in learning much about jewelry making techniques. But, when a Yahoo group I belong to proposed a charm collaborative, I signed up, thinking it might be fun. I tried out several ideas I had, but quickly discarded them as not feasible to make in the time I had. Finally, I settled on what I was going to do, and started on the project. It's a very simple idea, but kinda cute. I'll show the finished project after the trade.


Since I had to wait 36 hours for the resin application used in the project to completely cure, I started making charms with found objects I had in a junk box. Once I started, I couldn't stop until I had about 18 charms! I put them in little bags and will use them in future exchanges if possible.






So far, this is the only Halloween item I've done to date. The "fashion plate" in the ATC is from a 1957 catalog. She's carrying a tiny pumpkin charm as a purse.

No comments:

Post a Comment